As the name suggests, Kidney cancer is a disease of kidney. Kidney cancer develops when the cells of Kidney starts growing exponentially and form a lump. The lump is also known as tumour which can be cancerous or non cancerous. Mostly the cancerous cells grow in renal area which makes it Renal Cancer. Renal cancer is the most common type of Kidney cancer. Kidney cancer mostly begins in the renal tubes of kidney. In this blog we will tell you about Kidney cancer symptoms and what are the treatments available. If we know the Kidney Cancer symptoms it will be easy for the doctors to suggest the treatments for it.
Kidney Cancer Symptoms
- Blood in Urine
- Colour change of urine
- Pain in your back side which don’t go away easily
- Unexplained weight loss
- Intermittent fever
What are the risk factors involved?
- Risk for Kidney cancer is high in the people with older age
- Smoking: Smoke will always be the cause of cancers
- Obesity: Drinking and eating unhealthy causes obesity, it increases the risk of cancer
- High blood pressure increases your risk of kidney cancer.
- Kidney failure treatment can also cause cancer at some point of time
- Family history of Cancer
- Exposure to Carcinogenic materials on regular basis.
When Should you consult your doctor?
When you see the above mentioned symptoms, it is suggested to see your doctor immediately. It is also keep in mind that it is not necessarily means you have cancer if you are noticing the symptoms. But it is always better to be clear so we suggest you to see doctor in such cases.
Treatment available for Kidney Cancer
- Surgery. Removing all or part of the kidney with surgery is called a nephrectomy. It is the most common treatment for kidney cancer
- Thermal Ablation
- In some cases, Doctor observe small tumor closely to see if it grows. This is called “active surveillance.”
- Antiangiogenic therapies
- Targeted therapies